SNOWSTORM PARKING INFORMATION AND MAP
Snow Emergency Phone: 766-7669 (SNO-SNOW)
- A citywide parking ban goes into effect during storms that produce significant of snow. The Public Works Department takes into account several factors during a snow storm prior to having a citywide parking ban go into effect: how quickly the snow is accumulating, a realistic time of day/year (preferably avoiding peak holiday activity, late night hours, etc.), and overall road safety. If there is a concern a parking ban may begin in early morning hours, residents should plan accordingly and be proactive in getting their vehicles off the road..
- Call (603) 766-7669 (SNO-SNOW) for up to date parking ban announcements.
- Announcements will also appear on Portsmouth Government Access Channel 22 and will interrupt regular programming.
- City residents may park in the High-Hanover Parking Facility for $3 during snow emergencies and snow removals. All residents need to do is present a valid driver's license or vehicle registration with a Portsmouth address to the booth attendant on exiting the parking garage. Vehicles may be parked at the facility up from a declared parking ban advanced notice until two hours after its official conclusion.
- The parking lots illustrated in the map below are also available for parking during snowstorms.
return to Park Portsmouth